Updating firmware on your Netgear router used to be a daunting prospect, but with the company’s new Smart Wizard utility, it’s as simple as clicking a few buttons. In this article, we’ll show you how to use the Smart Wizard to Netgear Firmware Update in just a few minutes. Don’t have a Netgear router? No problem! We’ll also show you how to flash your firmware using the traditional methods. So whether you’re using a Netgear router or not, read on for an easy guide to updating your firmware.
Steps to update Firmware on Netgear Router
There are a few ways to netgear firmware update on your Netgear router.
1. Make sure that you have a compatible browser. The firmware update process is not supported on all browsers. For the best results, you can use either Chrome,Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer.
2. Open your web browser and navigate to http://www.netgear.com/support/product/router-firmware-update
3. Under “Find your product” section, select “Routers > Wireless Router > Model Name”
4. In the table below your router’s model name, click on the link for the latest firmware version
5. Click on the Download button to begin downloading the firmware update file to your computer.
Steps to Update Firmware on Netgear Manually
If you want to update the firmware on your Netgear router, there are a few different ways to do it. The easiest way is to simply connect to the router with a Web browser and then follow the instructions on the support page. However, if you want to update the firmware manually, here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Download the latest firmware from Netgear’s website.
2. Connect to your router using a Web browser and enter your username and password when prompted.
3. Now Click on the “Administration” button and then “Firmware Update”.
4. Click “Choose File” and select the downloaded firmware file.
5. Now Click on the “Upload” button and then wait for the process.
Updating your firmware can help keep your router running smoothly and protect it from potential security threats. If you’re not sure how to update your firmware, we can help. Visit our website at www.routerlogin.net for more information on how to update your router firmware.