NETGEAR Genie is a user-friendly app that comes with NETGEAR router for remote setup and management. It is capable of managing up to eight WiFi devices simultaneously. With NETGEAR genie, one can set up and manage NETGEAR WiFi products and connect to the Internet.
Steps To Netgear Genie Setup
- First download the NETGEAR Genie app from the Google Play Store or Apple App store.
- You can use your Smartphone, tablet or computer to install the NETGEAR Genie app. Now you need to login with your NETGEAR account.
- You can use your username or email id as the login id. Now you need to configure the Genie app with your existing router or modem.
- You should enter your router or modem wifi username and password in the app and then hit next.
- Now you need to name your network and change the password if you want to.
- After that you need to select the type of internet connection like broadband or wireless.
- Then you need to select the wireless channel from 1 to 11. After that you need to select the wireless network mode like b or g, n or ac for your network. Now you need to enter the internet IP address and a WAN port if you have a DSL connection.
Troubleshooting Netgear Genie
If you can’t access Netgear Genie, it generally means that the Netgear router is not connected to the Internet. This can happen if you have a modem connecting to your Computer and have not connected the Netgear to the modem. The Netgear Genie is not a standalone application and it cannot be used to connect your computer to the internet. Check if all the cables are connected properly.
We hope you enjoyed our article about how to use NETGEAR Genie. With this knowledge, we know that you can make the most of your wireless networking experience when using NETGEAR wireless routers. So what are you waiting for? Download NETGEAR Genie today by visiting www.routerlogin.net or call or technician.