You don’t need to worry whether you use Windows or a MAC operating system. Both systems work well with this. With the NETGEAR Genie desktop app, even people who aren’t very tech-savvy can run and manage their home network. They can block users who aren’t authenticated or change their SSID. You can even figure out what’s wrong with the network connection if your home routers act funny. How to setup Netgear genie app work with NETGEAR home routers, and it has a simple dashboard for monitoring, controlling, and fixing home networks. (Make sure the router runs the latest Netgear firmware Update; older firmware might not work with all genie features.)
NETGEAR Genie App: an overview
With the NETGEAR genie app or software program, you can change your network settings with the touch of a button. You will be able to Monitor, Connect, and Control your network settings with this great NETGEAR feature. This is easy to find and use and lets you take care of your NETGEAR account. You can also use the NETGEAR genie to share and stream music or movies and find and fix network problems.
One of the many great things about this software is that it lets you control your router from afar. If you have remote access turned on, you can use the NETGEAR genie to connect to your network even when you are not at home. With remote genie features, all you need is your tablet or smartphone to find and fix network problems, give guests access, see a map of the network, or even reset your router.
NETGEAR Genie is a program that can be downloaded from the NETGEAR website and used on both a desktop and a laptop. You can also use this software on your phone or tablet. You can get it from either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. This setup Netgear genie program lets you keep an eye on all routers, but you can only use and change NETGEAR routers. Everyone can use this software. Visit to find out how to use the NETGEAR Genie wizard’s password recovery feature to find out your admin password.
NETGEAR Genie has these features:
- If you sync the monitor, you can control the network settings in your home from a portable tablet or phone.
- Stream movies and music from My Media on your network to any connected smartphone.
- You can print from your phone or iPad if you add Air Print to any printer.
- The EZ mobile connects feature can scan a QR code on your phone or tablet to ensure your connection is safe.
- The parental control feature is easy to use with a smartphone.
- The Network App lets you check and change how the network works.
- People inside the company watch all Guess Access on the web.
- With the WiFi Analytics Feature, you can keep track of your network’s WiFi analytics.
- Fix any problems with the network.
How to use NETGEAR Genie to connect your NETGEAR range extender to your router if the router’s SSID is hidden?
How to connect your extender to a hidden SSID:
- Connect the range extender to a power source and wait for it to start.
- This will open the New Extender Netgear genie app setup page in your regular browser.
- Note: If the New Extender Setup page doesn’t show up immediately, you can get to it by typing www.mywifiext.net into your browser’s address bar.
- Click NEXT after making an account so you can manage the extender.
- On the “Welcome” screen of NETGEAR genie, click “WIFI RANGE EXTENDER” to start setting up. The netgear setup genie wizard will look for any wireless networks in the area.
- If the SSID of your router is hidden, it won’t show up on the list. When you choose “Manually enter my WiFi SSID,” click the NEXT button.
- Enter the SSID of your router in the Network Name (SSID) box. Choose a security setting that is the same as your router’s. If you need to, type in the password. When you press the NEXT button, the WiFi network extender will join the router’s WiFi network.
- After you connect the extender to the router, you will need to give the SSID and password for the WiFi networks on the extender. If you want to use the same security settings and password as your router, leave them as they are and click NEXT to move on with the Netgear genie setup.
- If you want to change the SSID or password, make the changes and click NEXT to finish setting up the router.
- Connect the client devices to the extender’s new wireless network and click Continue to finish setting it up.
- When making the changes you want, click Logout to end the Remote access.
- Please remember that if you click the Unregister button, you will no longer be able to use the remote connection. You must restart your local PC and return to the Desktop genie program. Sign in to your Cloud Access account and click the Register button to get back in.